Web Marketing & Promotion
In this day and age of digital information, young people are becoming progressively web savvy from an early age. Social lives are organised and information gathered online on a daily basis. So it was interesting when one of our Youth Advisory Boards fed back to us that they would enjoy a course which aimed to harness the power of the internet to help their music and media careers in a more structured manner. That is how the Web Marketing and Promotion course came to be.
This course covers online marketing and promotion techniques and their effect on branding, image and sales. We examine various marketing strategies which focus on specific target audiences by looking at individual music / video artists, charities, clubs etc. Students analyse web profiles, websites, viral emails, blogs, optimisation for Google, Ask, Yahoo and the effect of social networking. Online retailing of music is examined in detail as well as comparisons with offline strategies such as magazine adverts, editorial and flyers.
- Planning Your Campaign: campaign strategy, organisation choice.
- Websites: visibility, optimisation and meta tags.
- Viral Marketing: viral emails, click-through, conversion rates and referrals.
- Social Networking Part 1- youtube: set up profile script, slideshows. Create a group, sharing assets.
- Social Networking sites Part 2 - Myspace: use for marketing, network targets, 3rd party programmes
- Social Networking sites Part 3 - Facebook: use for marketing, create profile, inviting groups/networks, communication, bulletins.
- Online Retailing: open a retail outlet online, Cafépress.com, link shop to other profile pages and websites.
- "Offline" Marketing Solutions: magazines, posters, local TV/Radio, how they can enhance the profile of online locations, style continuity, compiling a strategy, create a logo, design a flyer.
- "Offline" Marketing Solutions cont'd: flyer creation, print resolution, advertising, importance of writing cover letters.
- OCN LR Test and Presentation: explanation of product, marketing style, breakdown of the articles produced, why they were chosen and how they help to "sell" the product.
This OCN LR course is worth 3 credits (30 hours of learning) at Levels 1, 2 & 3