The Street Dance course gives young people the chance to get active and learn the contemporary street dance moves they see in music videos. Participants learn, sweat, have fun and work together to choreograph and perform a final piece. In a programme of activities for young people, this course goes well together with Music Video Production as the participants can perform the dance piece in the video.
- Introduction to Streetdance's historical context and safe practice in a dance session.
- Anatomy and physiology and the importance of warm-up and cool down.
- Musicality - work on understanding the basic principles of music and its relation to Street Dance, with a focus on counts, phrase and tempo.
- Choreography - participants learn about the concept of choreography.
- Choreography skills - participants use knowledge acquired from previous session to come up with their own short pieces.
- Performance skills - participants are filmed performing a short routine (in groups), and then critique themselves and others in the group upon playback, giving feedback on performance ability and how to improve their skills.
- Recap/ creating/ rehearsing performance piece.
- Creating/ rehearsing performance piece.
- Rehearsing the performance piece.
- OCN LR test and the performance.
This OCN LR course is worth 3 credits (30 hours of learning) at Levels 1 & 2