Singing and Songwriting
Conceived and written by Grammy award winning Phil Ramocon, the Singing & Songwriting course covers breathing techniques, scales and warm-up exercises to improve vocal skills. Participants also write and record a song with professional assistance learning along the way how to handle a vocal session in the studio and how to lay tracks down in a professional manner. As with Point Blank’s other lyrically based courses for young people, we encourage participants to convey a positive message through their songs based on relevant social issues.
- The different roles in songwriting.
- Beats, bars and the basics of keys, chords and song structure.
- What is a bridge?
- Song structure and lyric writing techniques.
- Microphone techniques and the recording process including backing vocals.
- Recording lead vocals.
- Harmonies and adlibs.
- Bouncing and re recording
- One-to-one tuition.
- OCN LR test & one-to-one tuition to complete tunes.
This OCN LR course is worth 3 credits (30 hours of learning) at Levels 1 & 2
We also provide a 12 week Singing Course at the college which takes a similar idea to a higher level focusing on studio and live singing techniques, vocal dexterity and songwriting skills with the emphasis on lyrics and melody. You can download an outline below. This is the course that Leona Lewis enjoyed with us before going on to become a No.1 selling album artist and major star.
This course is OCN LR accredited for 3 credits at Levels 1 & 2.