Music Video Production
The Music Video Production course takes the participants on a journey through every step in the process of making a music video including music interpretation, storyboarding, camera operation, acting and lighting training. The group work together to create a professional music video and examine the roles and responsibilities of a film production company. The course provides a great amount of flexibility as to the choice of activities for young people: participants can choose to be in front of or behind the camera. Music from Point Blank's music publishing library is made available to work with.
- Recognise the relationship between lyrics and images in a music video.
- Introduction to "shot types" and their use.
- Various roles within video production: director, camera, sound etc.
- Introduction to the different types of microphones available.
- Lighting setup and the safe use of lighting equipment. Work in groups of three: one on camera, one on sound and a director.
- Review and evaluate in camera edited sequences from previous lesson.
- Rehearsal for shoot.
- View and discuss rushes and take note edit decisions.
- OCNLR test and completion of the edit.
This OCN LR course is worth 3 credits (30 hours of learning) at Levels 1 & 2
Match this course with Streetdance and capture the choreography for the music video.
Interested in creating sound tracks and audio effects for movies and TV? Take a look at Point Blank Music School's Sound Design Course.