The Film Making course enables young people to examine issues which affect them whilst learning every step in the process of making a short film including storyboarding, camera operation, acting and lighting training, soundtrack selection and editing. The group work together to create a short film, often tackling social issues such as substance abuse, bullying or knife and gun crime.
- Introduction to digital video production and film-making.
- Introduction to "shot types" and their use.
- Various roles within video production; director, cameraman etc.
- Introduction to the different types of microphones available.
- Lighting setup and the safe use of lighting equipment. Participants will also set to work in groups of three: one on camera, one on sound and a director.
- Review and evaluate in camera edited sequences from previous lesson.
- Rehearsal for shoot.
- Students film their digital video production.
- View and discuss rushes and take note edit decisions.
- OCNLR test and completion of the edit.
This OCN LR course is worth 3 credits (30 hours of learning) at Levels 1 & 2