Self-Promotion in the Music Industry
Promote Yourself (In the Music Industry) shows learners how to create an artist CV or biog, a press pack and photos. They also create their own ‘MySpace' page and learn how to promote themselves online without cost. Participants gain insight to the industry and compose letters to relevant organisations seeking work placement opportunities.
- What is promotion?
- Promotion basics: who are you?
- Promotion basics: What's the story? What have you done, and why should we care? What's a biog (biography)?
- Promotion basics: What's the picture (part 1)? What's a press shot and why do we need one?
- Promotion basics: What's the picture (part 2)? How do I organise a photo shoot? What equipment do I need?
- Putting it all together: My first press pack.
- Putting it all together: Myspace.
- Promotional extras: Blogs, gimmicks and good old fashioned design.
- The Music Business: Record companies and how they work. What do record companies actually do? How do I contact a record company?
- OCN LR test and presentation.
This course is OCN LR accredited for 3 credits (30 hours learning) at Levels 1, 2 & 3