The Club Promotion/Event management course equips young people with the skills needed to run a successful club night, party or launch event. Participants try their hand at flyer design, marketing, sponsorship deals, logistics, talent booking and budget control.This course is a great addition to any programme of activity where a launch party for the project is required. local press and dignitaries can be invited to help publicise the project and the work achieved by the young people involved.
- What is an event? Why do we put on an event?
- Defining the target audience.
- Presenting the event.
- Finding a suitable venue.
- Visiting the venue.
- Designing a flyer using QuarkXpress software (part 1).
- Designing a flyer using Photoshop software (part 2).
- Artist and event management.
- The event.
- OCN LR test and appraisal.
This OCN LR course is worth 3 credits (30 hours of learning) at Levels 1 & 2