On the Digital Art course, learners of all artistic abilities gain practical insights into the techniques, equipment and software involved in producing print or web-based art and design. Participants produce a range of promotional material for an upcoming or existing music artist, creating a defined visual style and branded media.
- Introduction to digital art and concepts of marketing and promotion.
- Finalise logo ideas and introduce scanning as method of transferring image into digital format.
- Adobe Illustrator and how an image can be augmented using basic tools.
- Introduction to Adobe Photoshop.
- How to import a digital photo into Photoshop.
- Groups continue with the production of their CD inlay.
- Learners finalise CD inlay and decide on additional items that could be used as part of a marketing campaign (t-shirts/ flyers/ posters/ stickers etc.)
- Learners use basic Photoshop filters to finalise T-shirt design.
- Completion of a marketing pack (including a basic business card/ letterhead, CD inlay, sticker and T-shirt design).
- OCN LR test and presentation.
This OCN LR course is worth 3 credits (30 hours of learning) at Levels 1 & 2